We held our monthly meeting at the Angel Hotel, Bourne. Here is a round-up of the evening.
Tuesday 21 January 2020
Minutes of Meeting
Attendees: – (16 in total) Paul Ross, Joanne Dolby, Claire Saberton, Talia Spindley, Hazel Bell, Blanch Robinson, Kate Watkins, Linda Gunthorp, Peter Jackson, Carla Luxford, Amy Clark, Brenda Johnson, David Plummer, Richard Wilson, Kay Clarke and Meryke White
Apologies: -) Rebecca Whittaker, Richard Wood, Susan Shaw, Jane Rawlinson-Falla, Ray Crane, James North, Ryan North, Lewis Thorogood, Lisa Carr, Colin Pattison, Paul Stokes, Sharron Woodward, Belinda Smith, Gir Bhandari, Sally Hinks, Nicola Bristow, Isabel Meyer, Noreen Reed, Roy McKinney, and Leanne De Lima Arqub
A very quick introduction was given by each member giving their name and their company name etc.
- LOVE BOURNE SHOP LOCAL – Paul, Claire and Joanne had a meeting with SK Invest and they have kindly accepted an application for a £2500.00 grant to get ‘Love Bourne’, off the ground. It was agreed at the meeting on Tuesday evening for Bourne In Business to donate £500.00 towards Love Bourne.
- Charity (Butterfield Centre) – Claire asked for this to be added to the minutes, Claire suggested for Bourne In Business to donate money to the centre. This was discussed, but no decision was made.
- Teddy Bears Coffee Morning…Carla Luxford is hosting a Teddy Bears coffee morning on Saturday 4th April from 10-12 at the Bourne Baptist Church Hall. Come and join her for cake, tea and coffee. Bring your teddies along to picnic corner. Paint a pot will also be joining us where you will have the opportunity to paint a teddy bear. All money raised on the day will be going to the Bourne Town Hall Project. A Facebook event has been created and will be updated with all info and news https://facebook.com/events/s/teddy-bears-coffee-morning/1110377789132952/?ti=ia
Any help would be greatly appreciated by
- Attending the coffee morning
- Donating a raffle prize
- Making a cake to sell on the day
- All 3 😊
If you would like to donate a raffle prize or a cake please either email me on email@example.com or call 07841 479 421 and I will arrange collection.
- D Day Celebrations – Will be held on 08 May by Brenda Johnson. More details to follow. This will be her last event as being Major.
Thank you to Carla Luxford who spoke about her business as a Travel Counsellor. Carla is a truly independent travel advisor which allows her to offer unbiased advice and value for money for all your travel needs, with the use of award winning technology, she can tailor make holidays that are completely unique to you.
She also offers the best financial protection in the industry, everything you book with her is 100% financially protected through the Travel Counsellors Trust.
Carla specialise in family holidays abroad or in the UK/Couple’s only and also honeymoons too. She prides herself on giving the best customer service and always research her client’s holidays with care and precision.
If travelling after 31 January 2020 to an EU country please enter your passport details in this checker and it will advise if you need to apply for a new passport or travel on your current one.
February’s meeting will be held on Tuesday 18 February 2020, at 6pm at The Angel Coffee Shop.
Meeting Closed at 7.50pm.